Food Pantry

The Grafton Food Pantry, which is located at 11481 Allison Ct. Huntley, IL. 60142, serves over 600 Grafton and Huntley Residents a month. Monetary donations and food items are always welcome. Please click the link below for more information.

Learn more

Memory Care Resources in Illinois

The Midwestern state of Illinois is home to 12.8 million people. Approximately 17% of residents are aged 65 and over, promoting the need for specialized long-term care solutions. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the rate of Alzheimer’s-related deaths in this state has remained stable in recent years. In 2016, 5.8% of deaths were linked to this disease, and in 2020, Alzheimer’s was the primary cause of about 5.7% of deaths. has a comprehensive list of memory care facilities in Illinois that offer comprehensive dementia care, ensuring high-quality services for seniors and peace of mind for their families. These facilities provide standard assisted living services such as housing, meals and housekeeping as well as engaging activities that support motor skills, life skills and socialization. They have experienced caregivers who’ve completed dementia-informed training and secured outdoor areas to prevent residents from venturing off-campus.

This guide highlights memory care costs in facilities throughout Illinois, outlines the benefits of obtaining care in this state and lists some agencies and programs that help seniors and families navigate the system.

Please click HERE to go to the website.

Senior Advice

The Senior Advice is a great resource guide that will be helpful for our senior residents and their loved ones as they explore options for assisted living. This guide provides well-detailed information about its top facilities, financial costs and assistance within your state. For more information, please click HERE to go to the Senior Advice website.

Recycle "Cell Phones for Soldiers"

We're asking for donations of your old cell phones to help our soldiers. Please drop your old cell phones off at the Township Supervisor's office. Each donated phone will help our soldiers in the field contact loved ones at no cost to them.

Recycle Old Hearing Aids and Eyeglasses

Please come into the Supervisor's office to drop off your donations. Look for the Lion's Club drop box in our entryway. 

Senior Bingo- 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month

Seniors are invited to join us on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month for bingo, an informational enrichment presentation, and free lunch. The program begins at 11:00am and ends at 2:30pm. Space is limited. Please check the event calendar on the home page for more details. Please note that there will only be one bingo in November & December due to the General Election and the Christmas holiday. Grafton Senior Bingo is open to all seniors who wish to attend.

Hearing Aid Batteries For Sale

If you need hearing aid batteries, they are available at cost. A card of four batteries is $1.10, or you can purchase a box of 10 cards(40 batteries) for $11.00, from the Supervisor’s office. Please call ahead to ensure that we have the particular battery that you need. The Supervisor's office currently carries #13 and #312 batteries.

Seniors/Disabled Ride CTA, Metra, and Pace Free/Reduced Applications

Please click on the appropriate link below to fill in, or print out your application.

Click HERE for the R.T.A. Senior Ride Reduced/ Free Permit application, or HERE for the Persons with Disabilities Permit application. It takes about four weeks to receive the permit in the mail. Seniors who are enrolled in the I.D.O.A. Benefit Access Program may apply for the R.T.A. Free Ride Permit. All other seniors may apply for the R.T.A. Reduced Fare Permit. If you have lost your card, click HERE for a replacement card application. The R.T.A. charges a $5.00 fee for the first replacement card and $10.00 for each subsequent replacement card. To see if you qualify for the R.T.A. Free Ride Permit please visit the I.D.O.A. Benefit Access Program's website, or call 1-800-252-8966 for more information. You can also contact the local Senior Services Office, 815-344-3555, for assistance. 

Grafton Township no longer processes RTA applications.

Road District Recycling Programs

The Grafton Township Road District is offering paper, clothing, and shoe recycling. Please click HERE for a complete overview of what we can and cannot accept. Please drop off your paper for recycling at the bin located at the township. Shredded paper should be in a plastic bag. Clothing items are also accepted at Grafton Township. Look for the green and white bin.

Filing an Appeal to your Assessment

Call the Assessor’s Office 847-669-3383 for information. Forms are available at the township, or visit the McHenry County Forms & Rules website HERE.

Disabled Parking Placard Applications

The online fillable application can be found HERE. Temporary placards must be obtained from the Secretary of State’s DMV office in Woodstock. Permanent placards must be obtained from the Secretary of State’s office in Springfield. The placard will be mailed directly to the applicant’s home. These forms are available online, or from your doctor’s office.

Other Services Available

  • General Assistance and Emergency Assistance - Grafton Township residents only
  • Salvation Army Assistance - Huntley residents only
  • Resources for all local residents in need

Referral Services

  • We can help guide seniors to free services or private pay agencies to help you with the specific needs related to seniors.
  • Our office works to help you find the help you need when you are experiencing financial problems.
  • Senior Services in McHenry County(815-356-7457), Kane County(847-741-0404), and Senior Care Volunteer Network (815-455-3120) are in need of volunteers to help seniors with transportation to doctor’s appointments and grocery shopping. 
  • Catholic Charities of McHenry County is offering the Meals on Wheels Program. If you are interested in the Home Delivered Meals Program, please call Senior Services Associates @ 1-800-339-3200. If you are a Kane County resident and you need meals delivered, please call the Kane Senior Council @ 1-630-338-0999.

Permits and Zoning Information

Grafton Township’s Supervisor’s Office is not involved in permits or zoning. These are handled by Village of Huntley departments. The Township Road District may also be involved in approving culverts.
Click here to visit Village of Huntley – Planning & Zoning
Click here to visit Village of Huntley – Building Code & Enforcement